Sidekiq Pro is a collection of useful functionality for the open source Sidekiq library.
You can see an overview of the functionality above. For $2/day, you get increased reliability,
the incredibly useful Batch feature and lots more.
Sidekiq Pro contains the following functionality:
- Batches with Callbacks and Notifications
- Better server reliability in the face of Ruby VM crashes
- Better client reliability in the face of Redis networking problems
- Pause queues (e.g. only process a queue during business hours)
- Expire unprocessed jobs after a deadline
- Send job processing metrics to Statsd
- High performance API extensions using Redis's Lua support
- Search for jobs in the Web UI
Detailed documentation about configuring and using each Pro
feature can be found in the
Read the Sidekiq Pro FAQ for further detail.
Sidekiq is available under the terms of
the GNU LGPLv3
In addition to its useful functionality, buying Sidekiq Pro
grants your organization a Sidekiq commercial license
instead of the GNU LGPL, avoiding any legal issues your lawyers
might raise. Please see the Sidekiq Pro FAQ for further detail on licensing including
options for embedding Sidekiq Pro in your own products.
When you buy Sidekiq Pro, a custom URL associated with your
email address will be emailed to you within 24 hours of payment.
You add this URL to your Gemfile and everything else is seamless.
You configure and use Sidekiq Pro exactly like you would Sidekiq.
Sidekiq Pro will receive bug fixes and new functionality
over time. All upgrades will be free to customers with a
bundle update sidekiq-pro. See the
for more detail.
Your Sidekiq Pro subscription gives you priority email support for any issues which might arise.
Sales of Sidekiq Pro also benefit the community by ensuring that Sidekiq itself will remain well
supported for the foreseeable future.